Wednesday, April 1, 2015

ORANGE COUNTY CENTER FOR CONTEMPORARY ART (OCCCA.ORG)

Mistress of Chaos, Sculpture, front
by Rose Rosendo

As a mid century Feminist Artist, my sculpture is influenced by other women artists. Louis Nevelson is a favorite of mine.  My large copper and cement sculpture, MISTRESS OF CHAOS, exemplifies the direct arc of her influence.

Her influence of a belief in nature's divinity is in all of my work. My use of all kinds of materials; lights, wood,  metals, glass, steel, copper, bronze, and cement extends her use of the debris she found in dumpsters in New York.

CHAOS THEORY  FEB 7-21, 2015

Mistress of Chaos
 back by Rose Rosendo
This was a show that I was in in Santa Ana, California.  The show was at the Orange County Center for Contemporary Art.  (OCCCA.org)  I was intrigued by the title of  the show CHAOS THEORY. I had just finished the piece  which is titled MISTRESS OF CHAOS and thought it would be a good fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment