Monday, April 6, 2015

My Creative Epiphany in Paris -Part 2

We rejoin Rose in the Park in Les Lilas, outside of Paris having her Creative Epiphany.  It was amazing,  the thoughts filling my head were expanding in these bigger and bigger circles.  First I couldn't believe this could come to me here.

Before I had left San Francisco, I had been going to Grace Cathedral after work and going to the Labyrinth in the Cathedral to walk it as a meditative, contemplative ritual.  I felt as I had this epiphany that the figure needed to be placed in a Labyrinth to create a meditation for people to learn.  By utilizing ritual I am creating a journey that will put us in touch with the spiritual and mystical part of ourselves which is timeless.

For the stage of INITATION in the heroes' journey I was going to create an installation.  So that when experienced by the individual that person becomes a pilgrim as he or she is performing this ritual.  This ritual is not tied to any organized religion.  It is spiritually motivated to help us become aware of the spiritual dimensions of our lives and our own gifts and potentialities.  Helping us to  connect with our souls and the mystery of existance.
American Indian Labyrinth Pictograph

I knew what I would call this piece, La Luz de Vida, the Light of Life.  This is an androgynous figure as the soul has no gender.  The figure will stand in the middle of a Labyrinth.  The individual will be given a light stick.  When the pilgrim reaches the figure having walked the Labyrinth: they will then light the light stick and return from the center of the Labyrinth.  They have thus become the Pilgrim with the stick alight.

This winding path leading to the center serves as a mirror to reflect the movement of Spirit in our lives.  It awakens us to the rhythm that  unites us to ourselves and the light within.

This ritual meets the longing for a change of heart and challenges us to refine the way we live together: it also provides energy, vision and courage for the world for the 21st century.

  

Creative Epiphany in Paris, Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment